Job Title: Pet Care Associate
Reports To: General Manager/Assistant Manager
Compensation: $11/hr - $13/hr + tips
Benefits: PTO + IRA with employer match
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
- Provides professional animal care services for pets within our care.
- Provides exceptional customer service to clients.
- Provides a safe environment for pets and people.
- Clean up after animals both inside the facility and outside, clean animal rooms and kennels as needed.
- Feed, water, walk, exercise, and bathe animals as needed in our care.
- Administer medications as indicated by owners and veterinarian.
- Answers phone, schedules client appointments and reservations, check-in / check-out pets, handle currency transactions.
- Bring animals to and from the kennel during check-in and check-out times.
- Provides basic animal health and grooming services, including bathing animals, trimming nails, and brushing teeth.
- Maintain the resort as a whole by performing tasks including, but not limited to, sweeping/mopping floors, wiping counters, laundry, washing dishes, taking out trash, cleaning bathrooms, yard work (including raking leaves and shoveling snow) and checking equipment and supplies.
- Assist other staff members on occasion with such tasks as helping restrain an animal, helping clients with their pets, etc.
**The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and team lift up to 150 pounds.
- Ability to withstand prolonged exposure to water and soaps.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to fully communicate in English.
- Ability to withstand prolonged exposure to dog and cat hair and allergens.
- Must be able to frequently walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, lift, reach, and handle heavy equipment.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to use basic computer functions and program utilized by the pet resort.
- Must be able to work most weekends and on/around major holidays during busy times.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.